Mad at the World might seen like an odd influence if you are familiar with them. I say that because most people probably remember them for albums like Season of Love, Boomerang, Through the Forest, and The Ferris Wheel. But Roger and Randy Rose started the band with a completely different sound. In 1987 their debut album was euro-synth-pop the likes of Depeche Mode. It caught my ear back in ’87, but not like their second release “Flowers in the Rain” in 1988. This album was similar in sound, but more edgy and guitar driven. I would liken it to Gary Numan.
Flower in the Rain
Skip to the 2nd track in this video to give the title track a listen. The song Puppet Strings features Randy on vocals. His raspy voice is incredible. I would love to hear this album re-recorded and produced by Travis Wyrick.
The band went on to produce several more rock albums. Randy went on to produce some solo work as well. It’s an interesting thing for me to look back at how different bands helped to shape my musical tastes. These guys are cool in my book.
Everyday we are told that the planet is being destroyed. From our environment to to the ground beneath our feet. One group claims that we are entirely responsible. Mankind has polluted the planet. The other side claims that’s a bunch of nonsense.
The truth is, the planet began to decay when mankind allowed sin to enter the world. In the beginning, everything was perfect and undefiled. Now the earth groans for the end of days louder than ever before. Judgement is coming to mankind, and by the looks of things, it will be sooner rather than later.
A lot of Americans are very attached to their way of life, form of government, and the concept of “God and Country”. Here are my top 10 reasons why Christians in the United States will be disappointed when Jesus Christ returns.
10. Jesus shows up to rule, unelected by the people.
9. Jesus admits to never stepping foot into a voting booth.
8. Jesus makes laws without a system of checks and balances.
7. Jesus keeps saying he doesn’t know these televangelists.
6. Jesus refuses to endorse the Republican or Democrat party.
5. Jesus seems a little upset about the way we’ve been treating each other.
4. Jesus takes office, claims he’s not subject to term limits.
3. Jesus looks nothing like Kenny Loggins.
2. Jesus pays his taxes after finding some money in the mouth of a fish.
1. It turns out that Jesus has no Visa, is an illegal immigrant.